Terms and conditions for booking events
While the organisers of events take all reasonable care to provide a safe environment for participants,
the circumstances of the event and the nature of some activities are such that people will often try out
new activities or take risks that the organisers cannot foresee. As a participant you will assume
responsibility for your own safety and exercise due care, and must agree to accept this condition.
By ticking the box on the booking form you also indicate that you have read and subscribe to our
Vision and Values, and to our Principles and Intentions
- ECC allows you to pay for your event on a sliding scale according to your income, and accepts such payment in good faith. If you cannot afford the concessionary rate and wish to pay at a bursary rate, you must first agree the amount you will pay with the Bookings Organiser. Bursaries are offered at the discretion of the Organisers and the ECC Treasurer. Only one bursary place per year is available to any person, and a limited number of bursary places are available.
- As soon as you have submitted your booking, you should send a payment, usually a minimum 25% deposit, or payment in full, depending on the conditions specified for your event. You do not need to wait to be asked for this payment, and your booking will not be confirmed until the payment is received by the ECC Treasurer.
- If you are booking onto a waiting list, you must also pay a deposit at the time of booking.
- If you did not pay the full amount at the time of booking, you should pay the balance of the amount you have committed by the date given for the event. This is usually one month before the event begins, but may be earlier for some venues. You do not need to wait for a reminder from the Bookings Organiser, but it is helpful to let them know when you have the made the payment.
- Deposits and balances can normally be paid by cheque, posted to the Bookings Organiser, or by direct bank transfer, but these options may be varied for specific events. Full instructions are included in your booking acknowledgement. Bank transfers will generally be confirmed much more quickly than payments made by cheque.
- It is important to quote your unique Booking Reference on every payment. Deposits made by bank transfer with incorrect references will delay confirmation of your booking and may be returned automatically.
If you cancel your booking at any time up to 14 days before the start of the event, we will return all money paid less £25. If you cancel without good reason less than 14 days before the start of the event, we reserve the right to retain your deposit or the full amount paid at the discretion of the Organisers and ECC Treasurer.
- If you are booked on to a waiting list and we are unable to offer you a place, or if you ask to be removed from the list before a place becomes available, we will refund all money paid in full.
Booking terms and conditions revised 1st January 2014