- About us
- Edward Carpenter
- Our events
- Upcoming events
- Spring Celebration at Castleshaw, April 17-21
- ECC Goes To Devon, May 23-30
- Friends and Family, at Laurieston, June 7-14
- Discovering our Creativity at Laurieston, July 19-26
- The Great Outdoors (Wasdale in Summer), July 26-Aug 2
- The Castle and Beyond at Laurieston, Sept 6-13
- Journeys Through Silence, North Yorkshire, Oct 20-27
- The Autumn Gathering in Derbyshire, Oct 31-Nov 2
- Booking and paying for your event
- ECC event terms and conditions
- Laurieston Hall and Special Diets
- Local groups
- Contact Us
We are the Edward Carpenter Community (ECC), a UK and international group of gay men who believe we have something special, and that we offer something important to gay men of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
2010 marked our 25th anniversary: 25 years of men volunteering and organising events, gay men’s weeks and shorter events; of working to nurture an inclusive gay community as an alternative to the commercial gay scene. We gather at venues across the country: we go to Laurieston Hall in south west Scotland several times a year as well as youth hostels in the Lake District and other centres elsewhere. Each venue is chosen for its location and atmosphere: on each event we work to create a ‘safe’ space within which we can grow together as a community. Depending on the venue and the nature of the event there are usually between 25 to 60 participants. Food is vegetarian, plentiful and of high quality, and sleeping accommodation is in shared rooms.
We are open to all men who identify as gay and we particularly encourage disabled, black, older and younger men to come along to our events, and to become a part of our community. Something magical often happens when we get together and take time out of daily routine to play, connect, challenge and share. Come with an open heart, a sense of playfulness and a willingness to contribute yourself, your gifts and passions. Help our community to continue to grow and be place of support and (self-) discovery.
We hope you will feel inspired to join us – to connect, grow, and help to make the world a better place for us all. Have a look around our site – we’d love you to join us on one of our events soon.
Search our site
Sign up to our E-newsletter mailing list